Low HE ammo in German AFVs

In CMBO I am the Germans in a QB and I purchased an assault halftrack and I noticed during the set up phase that it only has 17 HE rounds?!? In the past I usually see the starting HE round count in the 40's for these vehicles. The time frame is Nov '44 and I also bought a panzer mark VI that only has 30 some HE rounds. I can live with the tank being a little short but the assault halftrack seems to have 25% of the normal HE rounds. Has anyone else seen this. Is this a bug or just bad luck? Please help.

I'm used to playing the American's but just recently played the German's and was shocked at the low number of HE rounds my Wasp had. Maybe the German's really were short on HE for that period of time. Hopefully someone will come by that's had more experience with German's.

I guess you saved some points while buying your forces and now you're suffering the consequences :D .

I might be wrong but I guess that you've bought a 250/8 75mm (47 points) which comes with only 20 shells in comparison to a 251/9 75mm (60 points)which has 52 shells.

Talking about shells might resolve the Panzer IV 'mystery' of a low HE shell count. Just look at the amount of the other shell types, smoke and AP. The overall count should be around 87 shells but the program decides randomly the exact amount of every shell type.

Hope this helps

René

Guess who just stopped by and always play German. :cool: Yes, these are normal amounts of HE.

The Germans weren't short of HE, but they did not believe in using armour to kill infantry as a rule. Nor did they ever use Panzers in infantry support roles. That was the job of the infantry (and supporting them were infantry artillery such as assault guns and to some extent SPA, although the SPA were actually primarily PD elements also). Panzers and assault halftracks were found only in Panzer Divisions (and independent Corps or Army units, and a handful of independent brigades). Panzer Divisions were intended for battling enemy equivalents. It was a finished concept for which vehicles were purpouse designed, built and equipped to fit.

It was just like the British Infantry Tank - Cruiser Tank dicotomy, except the German Infantry Tanks were not really tanks, but StuGs. I believe you'll find few HE in cruiser tanks also.

Although Mattias can give more exact figures, my qualified guess is that Battlefront are being slightly too generous with HE for German Panzer Division elements as it is. Which would be a reasonable playability concession. But HE was intended only for self defence and the destruction of encountered enemy PaK. And other antitank systems of course.

Hey Lee, is this Moneymaxx guy, who is having such pun with words, the one who keeps defeating you? No wonder you have that feverish ambition. I can see how this will eventually break a man down completely :D