Z-League NEWS: Challenge system tested and deactivated due to BUG.

zappsweden

There are BUGS in some of the myleague features. The "days players have to complete formal challenge" was one of them.

The BUG works this way. The time limit is not in effect. It sets the time limit but never terminates a challenge after the time limit expires. That means if someone ignores a challenge he and his opponents challenge becomes locked and can only resolve after they have played. Without a working time limit, the challenge loses its effect and anyone can duck a challenge.

Even the myleague.com administrator support section give error messages so you might wonder if they are still alive or if the whole myleague is just a ghost system maintaining itself currently.

[ October 08, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

There are BUGS in some of the myleague features. The "days players have to complete formal challenge" was one of them.

The BUG works this way. The time limit is not in effect. It sets the time limit but never terminates a challenge after the time limit expires. That means if someone ignores a challenge he and his opponents challenge becomes locked and can only resolve after they have played. Without a working time limit, the challenge loses its effect and anyone can duck a challenge.

How can you know ? Your challenge against me (and that was the only one and first challenge ever) was not exceeding the time limit:

NOTE: Since the original post the "day to complete challenge" was increased. It is now 24-days. A player can now make one challenge each 14-days.)
You challenged me at September 19. So the challenge would have expired next week at Monday October 13 (perhaps you got it wrong and thought it would end the Monday this week....).

Anyway, thanks for deactivating the challenge system. No challenge system is much better for SC and the community.

Additionally this gave me now the possibility to officially withdraw from Z-League like promised.

For the ones that wonder why I withdraw, details can be read here:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=002893;p=1

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=002918

[ October 09, 2003, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

No, Terif. Our challenge was on the 10-day limit and set for September 29. Although I changed the time limit to 24 days it did not affect our challenge. I checked it several times (by trying to post a second challenge and get error message saying I already had one for September 29), it was still set for September 29. Nothing happened when u ducked me and ignored that date (September 29). The challenge was still there and I had to post a loss to get rid of it.

You expressed a concern (in one of the earlier discussion about the challenge system) that ppl could missuse the challenge system, especially ppl that were getting out of the league, and post a challenge giving both players a loss. Guess what, you were right. YOU missused it and I had to post a loss to get rid of the challenge.

YOU WERE RIGHT ONLY BECAUSE MYLEAGUE HAS BUGS. Without the bugs, an administrator could penalize a player who was away for 24-days despite being involved in a challenge. Without the bugs, the administrator could post a loss for the dodger (1 day before the limit ran out) leaving the other person unharmed.

[ October 09, 2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]