Who has beaten +2 with normal play ?

TaoJah

Did anyone already beat the 1939-game on a +2 level in a "normal" way ?

Personally I can only win when I use cheesy tactics : first Poland and the Baltic, then Denmark and the rest of the northern states. After that DON'T go to Russia, but stay defending untill the French and Brits have run out of units.

Then take France and UK, after that go to the US and it's (cheesy) game over. I know it ain't right, but there is no way I can beat Russia in time.

So : who has and how ?

I just finished Elite +2 as the Axis - while I didn't technically "win" I was down to pounding on an America that had less than 70 MPP's a turn and I owned the rest of the map (except for Ireland and Switzerland). I would have won if I hand't played most of 1944 after midnight and kept have cites stolen by partizans.

Let's see, Poland, Denmark, Low countries in Jan of 1940. Italy takes Egypt, Iraq (long fight once the Russian sent a couple armies) then S. Russia. Attacked Russia once they began to prepare for war. Nasty fight - took me 18 months before I took my first resource/city. Eventually lost Finland. I finally killed enough to blow a hole and cut the map in half. Defeated first allied invasion becaue they didn't land an HQ.

Tactics: Go for level 5 Industry first - 68 MPP's for a corp can save your bacon. Then a few heavy tank and AT weapons. Do aircraft mods later. I fought all of Russia with 2, then later 1 air unit and didn't miss them. Needed 8 air and 2 bomber to beat England. Didn't invade England/Canada/USA until after Russia fell and troops moved West. Don't get into an airwar with the allies until your jest are at least level 3 (and 5 is better) and then move into position with 5 air units and an HQ. If your minor allies get chewed up (<5) use them as Partisan guards in Yugoslavia.

Was a heck of a good time!