Vichy france neutral countries - how do I invade??

Frostwarrior

Okay I'm new to SC and enjoying it - reminds me of 3rd Reich on PC - and have read through lots of the posts but I can't figure out something - so any help appreciated. How does one invade the neutral countries formed after France falls (its europeans colonies) - like Algeria etc? I can't seem to move troops in - can't declare war etc? Do I need to use a map editor? I've got the latest patch. I'd really like to open up the North African front but I can't - anyone have any suggestion ideas?

Thanks. smile.gif

Originally posted by Frostwarrior:

Okay I'm new to SC and enjoying it - reminds me of 3rd Reich on PC - and have read through lots of the posts but I can't figure out something - so any help appreciated. How does one invade the neutral countries formed after France falls (its europeans colonies) - like Algeria etc? I can't seem to move troops in - can't declare war etc? Do I need to use a map editor? I've got the latest patch. I'd really like to open up the North African front but I can't - anyone have any suggestion ideas?

Thanks. smile.gif

Attention all newbies:

Study the above post carefully, this is how you should act when posting as a new member to the forum. Notice how he doesn't claim to be a veteran player and even admits he's new to the game, he took the time to check and see if the question had already been answered (something thats not expected from anyone, let alone a newbie). Notice how he said "please" and "thank you" in his post.

I'm not saying that you have to do all this stuff everytime you post, but he just created one hell of a first impression of himself. We have no problem with new members joining the forum, you have every right to be here, but don't come in here with a disrespectful attuitude, respect those who were here before you.

Well done Frostwarrior .

Now to answer your question. When France falls, Vichy France is created. Vichy France includes Southern France, Algeria, and Syria. In order to capture any of those areas, you must declare war on Vichy France. You would do that like you would any other country. Hope this helps, good luck.

Comrade Trapp

Welcome to the forum Frostwarrior. smile.gif

It's possible to take Vichy France and Vichy Algeria in the same turn. First declare war, this is done by accesing the War Map, selecting Vichy and choose 'declare war'.

Be ready to invade the French part via Italy and France. Also bring up a transport just southwest of Marseille so you can attack it from the west.

Airsupport (with HQ) from France helps alot as well.

Use transports to invade Algeria. Airsupport can operate out of Sicily.

Hope this helps.

And nevermind Comrade, he's just a bit grumpy with other newbies,they can be whiners at times.

But you'll be fine now you won his symphaty ;)

Kurt

And nevermind Comrade, he's just a bit grumpy with other newbies,they can be whiners at times.

But you'll be fine now you won his symphaty

I wouldn't say symphaty, more like respect.

And what do you mean I'm grumpy with newbies? :D

If a newbie comes in here and shows respect to others, he/she will be respected in return. I can be a newbie's biggest ally or worst enemy. ;)

Comrade Trapp

Before you can attack a country you need to declare war on it. You declare war on a country by clicking on "War Map". You then click on the country that you want to declare war against and click on "Declare War" in the lower right hand corner.