Random SC startegy questions.

poots

1. Is it worthwhile to attack Turkey, just to be able to get into the Russia sea (I dont know its name)?

2. When do they axis trigger the Siberian reinforcements?

3. Do most people find its more worthwhile to attack Russia ASAP, or is it better to take over Spain and Med instead?>

Poots

Excellent questions.

Hopefully the good players will share their views on it; I'd rather read theirs than state my own. Guys like Terif, Zappsweden, Rambo, Dragonheart, Iron Ranger and Rannug know a lot more about these things than I do.

Turkey:

If you have enough units and time, you can attack Turkey as Axis - but not before you are already at war with Russia. Be sure you can protect Iraq/Egypt before you decide to attack, otherwise it will be a boomerang ;) . But usually it is more likely that Russia - and not Axis - attacks Turkey to liberate the middle east. To afford a 3 front war Axis need a lot of ressources which they normally dont have.

Siberian reinforcements:

1. Geographical trigger: If enough Axis units approach Moskov (within 4 hexes) or one of the cities east of Moskov (e.g. Rostov, Stalingrad etc.) it is possible to trigger siberians. They all count together, units near Moskov count more than near other cities, the closer the more they count.

2. If the geographical trigger is active, then SC checks how strong russian forces are compared to axis forces. As long as Russia is too strong siberians will not be triggered.

When to attack Russia:

You should keep russian readiness low and attack it as late as possible. Each turn without Russia in the war, Axis can collect mpps and prepare for the battle. Usually they reach 600+ mpp/turn before Barbarossa, UK+USA only around 330 mpp. Each turn you can delay the start of Barbarossa Axis grow stronger. If you have enough time, it is preferable to conquer Vichy+Spain before Barbarossa to connect Africa to your capitals.

[ March 15, 2004, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]