Causes for rising conditions of war.

Clinton

Just wondering what the AI sees as conditions to increase the par readiness of countries. I have several Axis transports off the coast of Leningrad and yet the USSR shows no concerns. I for one would consider that very hostile intentions. Also on an unrelated note, I have noticed after landing an army on the northern mountains of Turkey they are only able to move between two hexes, unable to move into the mountains, just wanting to know if this is how it is supposed to be. By the way this concerns the Gold Demo.

Thanks,

Clinton

Originally posted by Clinton:

Also on an unrelated note, I have noticed after landing an army on the northern mountains of Turkey they are only able to move between two hexes, unable to move into the mountains, just wanting to know if this is how it is supposed to be.

Yes that is how it is supposed to be; units can only move 1 upon landing, moving into mountains costs 2.

I think that the AI only reacts to Declarations of War and few very specific incidents - the USA going up every turn German units are on British soil comes to mind. The AI does not (cannot?) react to invasion positioning forces so it not uncommon for invading troops to sit offshore for and not annoy the target country in the least.