UK transport travelling aroun Africa whe UK fall

nanope

I am playing a game in what I have lost UK. When UK fell all the british units dissapear….all? not. A UK transport travelling around good hope cape appear one or two turns after the UK falling. :confused:

My question is if this is normal and happens in all the games ?.

And another question. I think that when UK fall the free French could go on in the game (nex to the Americans). I though that they was going to continue in the game and I had a bad surprise .

:eek:

Hi Nanope,

I never had this UK corps-Suez thing (lack of opportunity ;) ). But I guess its the same as with the french units:

If transports are on the way to Suez when France surrenders, they stay alive and still belong to France. This has the consequence that you cant reinforce them until France is liberated, since you dont get french mpp.

So I guess it is normal that your UK units survived and reappeared smile.gif .

2nd question:

When UK surrenders, all originally UK owned land becomes Axis and UK + free french units surrender. But all minor nations forces will stay alive and continue fighting (e.g. Canada, Yugoslavia...)

This is a known bug. Units already in the South Atlantic loop when their nation surrenders still arrive in Suez. They pretty much remain active as ghost units because there are no home country MPPs available for reinforcement, op move or transport costs. They can still move and fight normally though since these actions are free.

French units that become ghost units are not Free French (which really act as UK minor allied units). These French ghost units become fully active again once Paris is liberated and France returns to the game as an active nation. The same should happen with the UK units if London is ever liberated.

Thanks (again) Terif and thanks Bill

Then, when you know that UK are going to fall for sure you can send the UK transport (that remain without disband) to the red arrows…

After UK fall this units can be reinforce with the mpps collect in Canada.

But I think I understand that the free French units surrendered because they were in Egypt and this belong to UK. Then if the Free French unit would have been in USA then they would go on in the game. Is this correct?

Sorry, but your free french will surrender at any place, even in USA. The surrender procedure is the same as with every other nation. After they became free french, they have no special status any more, they are treated like normal UK units (except HQ support).