AAR: (SUMMER HEAT TOURNEY) Korut Zelva Vs Condor

Bid was 160. I took allies.

Very fast game with an aggresive France defense, axis couldnt really get to Paris.

no poland breakthru for axis and standard LC surrender in turn 2 (rundstead+tank+army attack+2 AFs). In poland i retaliate with AF and i left a german tank with 3 Hps.

In france i chose my teh french corps defense and DOW on Ireland to get some XP for carriers.

After i took Ireland i bought another AF and with 3 AFs + 3 carriers+ monty i began to kill everything axis was launching. He was close to activate italy soon in the war but a sucessfull retaliate kill the tank and the german hopes to win the war. After i kill 1 of his last troops i took LC and axis surrendered unconditionally.

"Fast and loose"

[ June 25, 2005, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Codename Condor ]

I had one or two chances to activate Italy early, like March/April but I messed up in my HQ set-up(Runstedht supporting approching corps instead of airfleets, and causing von suck to support airfleets instead of the army on the frontline) for my french campaign. But when all that UK air showed up that really spoiled the party. They showed up just about when the luftwaffe started to show tiredness. I had kept losses low up to that point but my land unit started dropping like flies.

[ June 22, 2005, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Korut Zelva ]

Originally posted by Korut Zelva:

But when all that UK air showed up that really spoiled the party. They showed up just about when the luftwaffe started to show tiredness. I had kept losses low up to that point but my land unit started dropping like flies.

hehe, thats my strategy. A timed attack with everything just when u begin to feel overpowerful. Anyway, u played way too good and u were clsoe to get to paris. In the last part of the game u didnt manage to support yer advacned forces thats why i killed em very easily.