Invasions

dpstafford

Against the AI I haven't had too much trouble mounting or repelling an amphibious invasion (I've never seen the AI attempt Sea Lion), but against a human it's much more difficult. If you don't have near absolute control of the air expect to lose what you so cheaply deposited on his shore.

You'd also better hit a wide front, if not two seperate ones (the north and west french shores for example). If he can bottle you up cheaply with a few corps and pound you from the air you're going to lose a lot of money.

Gunslinger

I thought it would be easy to drop Patton and the third army in on Italy, seeing they were on the Volga taking in the sights!....It went well until Italy operated units home to counter. Moving around on the penisula sucked, so I thought, "why not an end-run" (no not Enron), so I landed the 2nd army in northern Italy. In three weeks, these uits were toast. Can't leave without a port...no retreat...no way to re-enforce (airdrpos would have been nice) So if you go in, better have back-up...and go in strong!