TCP/IP AAR

Sweden continues to hold out, tying up experienced units and slowly bleeding them. Manstein was a fool, reassign him to Metz as a Panzer maintenance instructor! tongue.gif

The Great Comrade Stalin was firmly cloated upside the head when he gave his not one step back order, and so the Glorious Red Army, made up of good Russian workers and peasants, advanced to the rear and made a solid wall. One panzer division has been destroyed with no loss already. :D

(Hey, I take my "glories" where I can get them. I know in about 5 turns I'll be sobbing to Carl to please let me at least hold on the Urals.)

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

He did the gamey tactic of attacking Italy at its fleets spawn points. I will be hard pressed to keep any navy...

Oi! I claim that was totally legimate! :D (besides, I got mauled, LOL) It was pathetic, I ended up having to sneak the Ark Royal out of the Med, which didn't work. (I got close!)

Ok, in january 41 i hit sweden, its april and the attack had bogged down. Thanks in large part to the british fleet. But malta, and egypt have been taken.

However russia is becoming more active.....

Ha! The Swedes have been turning your boys into DOG MEAT, son! :D Although they will lose, I am exceptionally pleased with their performance. Hell, I sank your last cruiser and destroyed an army, as well as tying up another army, an air fleet and a crack panzer division, whee!. Amazing what a blockade of 3 battleships and 2 carriers can do. ;)

Now in a more serious vein, I think Carl is doing very well. I abandoned Malta at the beginning to use the fighter in France, and I still wonder if that was smart or foolish.

My navy has suffered pretty extensive losses (I think each ship has gone to the repair docks TWICE so far) and my last ditch effort to ferry troops from France to the UK failed, so they were all surrendered except a few skeletal remains. (No port in Northern France, argh! :D )

The med is entirely Axis controlled, no question about that. (In my opinion, no real loss at least as SC models it) It's just past June 1941. And what's with this "BB's" plural business, you only got one! tongue.gif

I wonder, do I just suck or is Carl just good? :D

Edit: Gawd, there were just MASSES of those Nazi rats, waiting to POUNCE on poor Yugoslavia, lol! And might I add that Herr Feldmarshal Manstein's effort in Sweden leave much to be desired...? ;)

[ October 27, 2002, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: I/O Error ]

No im just good (or am i?)

But Error ( ;) ) has done very well. He made the mistake of attacking with 1 weak army in france that caused a breakthough that doomed france. His attacks on the baltic are textbook. I just wonder how he'll use russia....

That attack with the French army did claim a panzer division, but sadly it left them JUST too weak for an effective defense. Sigh...

Oh, and as of last turn the "his attacks on the baltic are textbook" phrase no longer means "worthy of emulation", it means "NEVER EVER DO THIS if you value the lives of your sailors and the precarious strategic position of your nation." :D

Oh yes, Carl's moves deserve some recognition. He almost fed me my own rifle on TWO occasions in Russia, but I got lucky both times.

First: He moved a large collection of troops into Finland, and advanced on the heels of the Finnish troops. (don't ask me why I didn't expect this) Fortunately I spotted his panzer unit just before he attacked, so I swarmed up some tank units and Armies. I'm slightly advanced into Finland, but nobody's doing much. I've got too many guys for him to kill off and breakthrough, and my troops are too much CRAP peasant "soldiers" to engage with any great success.

Second: He attempted a FULL SCALE amphib invasion of the entire coastline between East Prussia and Leningrad, including all of the annexed Baltic states. By blind stupid luck I spotted one of his transports on the coast, and so I swarmed (can the Red Army do anything else BUT swarm at this point?! :D ) loads of Corps units up north to just sit on the beachheads so he couldn't land. And I'm quite proud, I did that (barely) without weakening my main defensive line, which was the entire point of such a landing anyway.

Who knows what the future holds! I do know he ain't getting nowheres in Russia (yet), and that's a fact. :D It's mid 1941 Comrade, where are the bold gains to show for it?! ;) (Like I've said before, I have no humility and a lot of false bravado. tongue.gif )

Originally posted by General Billote:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />He did the gamey tactic of attacking Italy at its fleets spawn points. I will be hard pressed to keep any navy

Gamey!!!! Gamey!!! Come on, My friend, if one doesn't fight dirty than one doesn't fight at all! tongue.gif </font>

ok im in the middle of a match with I/O Error, he allies, im axis. I took poland with relative ease, but he attack my baltic fleet so the invasion of norway is temporarily postponed. Its jult 1040 and i haven taken frnace yet.

Stay tuned...

CvM

CvM, are you having a severe case of analphabetism? Oh, you are not illiterate, you are only Canadian... mwhaha :D

GO INVADE FRNACE IN JULT 1040 YOU BABBLING BARBARIAN! Hunt a polar bear while you're at it! ;)

~Norse~