One QB solution

The problem with QB is it is completely unrealistic. The Maps are crazy. Roads that go nowhere, Houses and building in the places where they would never be etc. With 30 turns, a 5,000 point limit and no real room or time to maneuver it gets very gamey and predictable :( . smile.gif My solution is to design Huge scenarios that give each player plenty of forces, time and objectives in a way that is realistic to combat in this area and time but fair to each side. So far I have done 2 huge (over 16,000 points per side) operations. I have just started playing them PBEM (max. PBEM file size so far is under 800kb) and found it brutal chaotic fun. With so many variables gamey strategies go out the window. The only thing I don’t like is you can’t use flags to mark the objectives you are fighting over. So I am just finishing my first Hugh battle. A ME on the largest map I could make with 75 turns and over 16,000 points per side. It is snowy, forested land with few roads like so many places in Germany. The main objective ( were most of the Big Flags are) is a vital cross roads village in the middle of the map. There are 12 flags over a large area equally easy or hard for each side to get to. Hopefully the battle will seesaw back and forth with fighting still happening on the last turn with total victory for one side being very difficult. Troop movement is critical. Reinforcements come throughout the battle with equal chance. Through there is tons of infantry, armor and artillery on each side but the forces are different in skill and size. The German force are veteran or crack SS, Fallschirmjager, Stumgruppe, and Gebirgsjager with Tigers and Panthers. The Allied is regular with Pershings, Jacksons and Jumbos and a 25% size advantage. Playing this against the AI is useless as it cannot effectively maneuver this size force so I am looking for a few brave players to test this game out with to see if a battle this size works. Any Ideas or comments? Can anyone else who has experimented with scenarios this size give me any advice? I can be reached at sanman@maui.net