tanks AA MG

i have two suggestions/questions that i could not find on the search engine:

shocked jeep MG: in CM2, will there be a way to make a small crewed vehicle (jeep MG) still fire a MG when its down to one crewman. i know thats a fine point, but if the vehicle wasnt moving, why not? we all know what a difference a 50cal could make against a late game rush! (vehicles like halftracts and those sorts)

hero rider: another fine point, what would the possibility to have nearby infantry hop onto to a KO'd tank or a BU tank and fire the AA MG? yes they would have to be near fanatic to do it, but a US soldier (name?) got a medal of honor for doing it on a burning sherman.

what are your thoughts? i think it would be a nice LITTLE detail to realism.

I think Audie Murphy is the name you are looking for. I only know what I've read here, but the consensus seems to be that if the Germans hadn't been inexperienced troops, Murphy would have been toast.

Such incidents are very much the exception to the rule and do not merit reflection in CM. There have been many such requests on this board using the actions of the odd hero as justification. :)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Such incidents are very much the exception to the rule and do not merit reflection in CM.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was pvt murphy, i recognize the name. it was very rare, and an exception to the rule. it was something i thought of last night as i was playing and that would of come in handy. thanks though david. smile.gif

any suggestions/answers to the first question?

The Jeep MG example is the kind of thing that BTS will likely program at a later date, probably when they redo the engine after CM2. Another example is mortar and bazooka teams technically having sidearms but being unable to use them for self-defense, although this is partly to prevent trained crews from being used as regular infantry, and partly because some weapons teams are abstracted and should realistically be kept strictly with their platoons.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Another example is mortar and bazooka teams technically having sidearms but being unable to use them for self-defense<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i must say that nothing is more frustrating than to destroy a big juicy tank with your zook/schrek/piat. after feeling quite invinsible, the routed crew routs to your building. the next turn you watch the 2 man crew with pistols rout/kill you vetern AT team, which just sit there and take the shots. YES they are an AT team, but IMHO they should ATLEAST have somekind of self defense for that role. i know the zook teams had carbines with them, hey atleast a m1911!!

BTS can we expect to see this in CM2 or a latter eddition? PLEASE? tongue.gif