Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Linking Nationality and Global Morale in CM2

I just finished a very sloppily played- by me- PBEM game of Elsdorf by Wild Bill. The computer defaulted me out as I was moving on towards the 2 major VLs in the town. Our Global Morale dipped below 25%. Nevertheless it was 'a close run thing' point-wise.

In retrospect, the program was too kind. Due to a hasty setup and a nonchalant advance I managed to sacrifice 320+ men. I question whether even Patton would have been this free and easy with American lives at this juncture, in this war. Russians and Japanese, yes, for sure. Heavily indocrinated SS zealots, Hitler jugend, probably.

Therefore, I prospose nationality specific morale levels. At least, variable levels that can be set at the discretion of the scenario designer. What do you say, BTS?

Guest Rommel22

Great idea, especially for the Russians in 1941 especially. Not one step back!!!!

So the Russians should be allowed all the way down to 10% maybe.

In 42 mabe 15% same in 43 and in 44 25% 9as to simulate less fanatical troops since the war will be over soon) and in 45 also 25%. IMO!

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Forget it. It's not gunna happen.

The subject of nationality specific traits or modifiers has been debated quite a lot. Do a search. Bottom line is BTS is strongly against them.

------------------

What a bunch of horsecrap. -Steve

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 02-18-2001).]

Forget it. It's not gunna happen

Then it should be the domain of the scenario creator, like time of day and weather.

It's not a big deal. Why should both sides risk defaulting the battle when morale descends below under 25%? My God, morale varied widely WITHIN national groups during the war.

Outside of a few meat grinder-type battles, like the Huertgen and Aachen, American commanders weren't that spendthrift. Can someone correct me on this?