Fog of War.

I was wondering something about FOW. When playing a pbem game, and I fire on my opponents armor and I see a "Gun Hit" message (or something similar) Does my opponent see the same? Or does he get a more detailed message because it's his armor. Like "Gun Hit Damaged" Just Curious.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Oh yes. If he has "Detailed Armor Hits" on, (Shift-D, I think?...) than he will see all the details about the hit.

(Upper hull penetration, gun damaged, 1 crew wounded, etc) That sort of thing. From the POV of his opponent, details of the hit are not exactly forthcoming, but since he sees everything that happens to his OWN troops, he gets much better information.

smile.gif

Thanks I/O! I'm gonna try a hotseat game against myself and test this further. (I might even win this time)

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey