Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

SMG debate - BTS clarification?

Steve/BTS,

I think your reply to JasonC's SMG debate was rather confusing. Could you clarify whether you refer to

i) availability of automatic arms (especially to SMGs) to different troops OR

ii) firepower per round fired vs. firepower in unit time vs. firepower over ammo load -discussion?

If you meant i), I can understand why you made your below statement. However, with regard to ii), and "modeling of small arms" seems to refer to that, I am at lost. Specifically, I think that JasonC has a fundamental point in separating accuracy vs. firepower, as he has explained in numerous discussions. Do you really disagree with him on that?

Best regards,

Jukka-Pekka

OK, time to close up this thread. The points have been made before and are being made again here. As Jason knows, we don't fundamentally agree about the modeling of small arms. I never dodged anything, BTW, but simply disagreed with his opinion. And it is an opinion. There is no real world numbers out there to draw from that proves one person's view as absolutely valid vs. another. Jason has looked at the data (including AARs) and made his conclusions, we looked at similar data and came to different conclusions. Like many things that go into detailed modeling of a simulation, agreements are often not possible. We think Jason is wrong, he thinks we are wrong. So what is one to do?

As for underestimating what Rarity, different move orders, and some other nice changes we have made will do for the game... we at least have played around with some of these things already, while nobody here has had that advantage. Time will tell if what we are doing will offer improvements some people are looking for or not. So those of you that are CONVINCED that we are basically misguided should perhaps withold such convinction until you have a little more to go on than imagination. Judge the game after it is done, not before. Afterall, there were some here on this BBS that thought we would never even finish CMBB, so imagine where their peer their standing went

Steve