Clubfoot and Mike T - and DFDR players...

I admit I have been lazy in playing DFDR, but after trying a quick battle today, and destroying a Marder III with a 2 inch mortar (as well as enjoying the great scenery - breathtaking!) I find myself kicking myself for not appreciating what you guys have done more.

I notice you are getting more scenarios up. I also see that while you have Mike T's ASL mapboards on there, you don't have any ASL desert boards.

Are you interested in any scenarios based on those originally designed for our favourite "tactical game with no name"?

I also find myself still confused over what to download and what not to. It looks like I have most of the important files, but notice there are some bitmaps that haven't been modified - such as the six-flag shot when CM first starts up a scenario. Now, is that because no one has modded this (and others), or is it because I simply don't know which one of your many zip files I haven't downloaded yet?

Anyway, I will put some ASL conversions on my site for those interested - I'd like to give you first crack at hosting them, though, if you think it will be of interest to those that surf into dfdr.

I know I promised you KD insignia, but that is probably of less interest to DFDR players than new scenarios - yes?

Okay, so I will ask the rest of the DFDR'ers - what is your favourite desert scenario to date?

Why thank you sir. It was a blast to be DFDR's art whore. A lot of work though (my wife now utterly despises my computer). The scenarios have been fun to make too and really require a different flavor than ETO CM.

More scenarios would be greatly appreciated. With a nod toward ASL conversions!

Indeed there are a few incidental bmp's I never got around to doing. I believe Logan has done them however... just have to bully him into releasing them, I suppose.

And sorry 'bout the downloads page confusion. Logan and I are working on overhauling it as we speak (er, type?). It was thrown up hastily in the beginning, and has suffered further under waves of content. We hope to remedy this soon!

By the by, which scenario did you rack up?

[ 06-23-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]