Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bergman All US/French Sherman HR Fullpack RELEASED!

Originally posted by claespiper:

A question: Does the "Marco Bergman's Complete US Sherman Hi-Res WinterPack" replace the Winter option in the US plain pack released earlier?

Yes it does and masterfully so.

You'll have far more options since the previous release was a PLAIN PACK after all...

biggrin.gif

Go for both downloads as they are the usual work of Art.

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

Originally posted by son of sevenless:

Damn,

these are the best Sherman MODs I´ve ever seen. Kudos to Marco and all participants for making these available.

I love ´em :)

You're Welcome.

After about 3 months, yes it's been *that* long, through many, many tests, we have finally been able to release these. And I'm not gonna lie to you, we've had some small, but not overcomeable problems along the way. For instance, Marco had sent me alpha copies of the HVSS hull tops long ago, both FF & US, and he along with the rest of the beta team had lost the FF version. Luckily I still had it so I sent it back to Marco. Saved him some work. We also went through some experiments on what kind of weathering effects we could use, unfortunately, the only thing that really worked was the rusty bolt hole line along the hull sides.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

Guest sitzkrieg

NEVER MIND. Didn't have C:\ in my DOS PATH on this machine. Yeah, so I downloaded a CM mod at work, so what? biggrin.gif

Anybody else have problems with the batch files?

Not DOS illiterate. Actually, I have one combined BAT with a menu to set the nationality. But even when I call "cmnwlth britain" from a DOS prompt, %1 never gets set (did an echo on %1).

I wondered if it was my system so I did a test where test1.bat calls test2.bat and test2.bat echos %1. That works.

Any ideas? Running on Win98SE.

(Edited to include OS)

(Edited because I'm an idiot)

[This message has been edited by sitzkrieg (edited 03-02-2001).]

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

Not DOS illiterate. Actually, I have one combined BAT with a menu to set the nationality. But even when I call "cmnwlth britain" from a DOS prompt, %1 never gets set (did an echo on %1).

I wondered if it was my system so I did a test where test1.bat calls test2.bat and test2.bat echos %1. That works.

Any ideas? Running on Win98SE.

Actually you're pretty DOS literate if you are savy to passing arguments with with %. biggrin.gif

Note however that you should not be running Cmnwlth.bat or USandFF.bat, but instead be running the batch files: UK_textures.bat, US.bat, etc. These contain the proper variables in the proper format to be passed to the Cmnwlth and USandFF batches.

This, rather than pathing may be part of your problem in what sounds like sneaking a peek at the BMPs while you are AT WORK biggrin.gif

- Old Dog

Guest sitzkrieg

Thanks for the reply Old Dog.

I don't know why but I had to set my PATH in AUTOEXEC.BAT to C:\ to get the these batch files to run. I was trying to run them from a DOS prompt because the shortcuts didn't work to begin with. Really had me stumped for a while because I had other batch files that passed parameters that worked fine.

Yeah, I would use the us_textures.bat, uk_textures.bat, and so on, but I didn't like having so many icons. So I merged them into one batch file that displays a menu for each possible option. I'll send you a copy if you like. I did the same thing for Fernando's halftracks and have a few other batch files of my own creation. It is getting a bit complex as of late. I may have to finally break down and write a mod organizer. I know there is a mod manager available but I wanted to make something of my own that I could customize.

Guest sitzkrieg

Forgot to say with my earlier troubles...

Excellent work, Marco! I especially love the snow-covered look. I wish more mods, both Allied and German, would use it.

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

...Yeah, I would use the us_textures.bat, uk_textures.bat, and so on, but I didn't like having so many icons. So I merged them into one batch file that displays a menu for each possible option. I'll send you a copy if you like.

Yes, please, I'd like to have a look, sitzkreig. Always interesting in "cleaner" ways to address swapping.

- Old Dog