Commands that would be useful.

A couple of commands that would be very useful, AND would make the game more realistic.

MARK FOR DEATH

Sets a persistent target. If line of sight between unit and it's target is broken, unit will ignore other targets and remain ready to shoot at the persistent target.

EXTENDED AMBUSH COMMANDS:

LINE OF DEATH

Essentially same as ambush, but trigged when enemy crosses "line", instead of single spot.

AMBUSH SPECIFIC TARGET

Sets ambush for a specific target. Actual ambush is triggered when enemy croses "the line of death".

I believe BTS said that they were going to do something like this. I believe they said something about the ambush command being changed from one spot like it is now to a given area. In other words if something enters this area that you have set up it's dead. or at least shot at. I hope I am correct in this as that would really be more realistic. As far as the other suggestion you made don't know.

I think I saw that the new Ambush command would be something like this. Watch area= set three location points in a triangle formation, any units that come into this area will be attacked. This way you can make it al large or small as you wish.

I hope that the new ambush order in CM2 will not be limited in range. In CMBO it's up to 300m I think, but with AT guns or tanks sometimes I would prefer longer ranges.

Additional sub orders like "enagage any target", or "engage priority targets" could allow your AT gun to stay hiding when that scouting HT passes by and the open fire once the following tank gets into LOS.

I would like to see an improved "Hide" order as well . Currently it seems sodiers which are hiding do only engage if a target is VERY close. Now for infanty that's OK with me sometimes. But sometimes I would prefer if they open fire earlier.

But on longer ranges too often just nothing happens. Only option is to "unhide", but then the unit is easily spotted.

I would prefer "Hide" split in two orders, "hide & ambush" for enaging at close range (as "hide" is now) and "hide and defend" for opening up fire at targets for which a resonable hit and kill chance are given but staying hidden until then.

Regards

Marcus

For forward observers and onboard arty I would like the ability to shoot a limited number of smoke shells at a aera target.