Missing German HT

Due to the change in armour points given to Axis forces which will most likely carry over into CM2 (I hope). It would be nice to see the Sd.Kfz.251/22.

It was a late 44 improvisation mounting the 7.5cm Pak40/L46.

As the axis have more points to spend on vehicles and as this HT was very vulnerable like all HT's it would be nice to see its inclusion in any future versions(CM2) as it is unlikely to find it's way into CMBO in a future patch.

Any comments

smile.gif

------------------

War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

Bertrand Russell

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

I was very sad to not see it in the German oob myself. There was also a Lang 75mm 234/4. But only 89 of those were built!! Even less then the Puma. Anyone got production numbers for the HT version? What about the HT with 6 Recoiless rifles? Just a prototype? With CM2's rarity option these probably cost 18 times as much as a PZ-IV.

Rarity was not, I think a total consideration in choosing vehicles for the game. The /22 is not in, a fairly rare peice, but the Allies did not get their M15 and M16 in, both very common (and very deadly -- they would be something like 110 point units if they were in because they chop infantry apart -- which, lacking the Luftwaffe to fire at, is what they did a lot of ), while some divisional assets in ETO US army had 75mm Howitzers armed M3's.

On the other hand, their were like 4 Sherman Alligators built ( a lot more kits were made, but not used) and it made it. I am sure a lot of this was just getting what they could get, and the M16 was not done while the Alligator was when go time came around at BTS.

Guest Big Time Software

Dunno if the /22 will make it. Generally we didn't make models for vehicles that were made in quantities less than 100. Some obvious exceptions (like the Jadgtiger, Pershing, etc.) were put in because we would have been roasted if we didn't AND they were frontline vehicles. M16 should have made it in, but we simply ran out of time.

On the other hand, their were like 4 Sherman Alligators built ( a lot more kits were made, but not used) and it made it. I am sure a lot of this was just getting what they could get, and the M16 was not done while the Alligator was when go time came around at BTS.

It got in because Sherman M4 + trailer from British Croc = easy model smile.gif At the last minute I did this conversion and it took almost no time to do. The Quad 50 for the M16 was a bit more of a task smile.gif

Steve

Oh, thanks Matt, that explains a lot. I was kind of looking forward to using the M16, particularly as the german gets his track AA, and was really disappointed that it wasn't available. I just assumed that it was to unbalancing, or something.

So is it the same for the M15, just ran out of time. It wasn't all that rare, from what I have read. And wan't there some dodge truck with an at gun on it, I remember building a model of one as a kid (boy, I'm going to feel like an idiot if it is in the game, but I don't remember seeing it)

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S

as regards the "missing" german Sd.Kfz. 251/22, the Wehrmacht received 40 in 1944 starting in December, and another 228 in 1945; total number of active vehicles per 1. March 1945 was only 38, however.

total ammo for the PaK 40 7.5cm was limited to 22 rounds, however.

------------------

"Im off to NZ police collage" (GAZ_NZ)

Unfortunately, there are tons of vehicle variants, particularly German and particularly the 251 series HT's, that aren't in CM. Some are obviously out of its scope, but I hope we'll see as many vehicles as possible in CM2, regardless of rarity. It's a lot of fun to put them into hypothetical actions. Armor nuts can never have too many vehicles to play with smile.gif

------------------

When men are inhuman, take care not to feel towards them as they do towards other humans.

--Marcus Aurelius

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

but the Allies did not get their M15 and M16 in, both very common (and very deadly -- they would be something like 110 point units if they were in because they chop infantry apart

Which reminds will wee see these HTs in CM2 as we supplied Russia with 100 M15 & 1000 M17's.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the

German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. February 1945.

ROBORAT:

The Dodge with the AT gun (57mm?) was an early attempt at a light ant-tank vehicle. It wasn't very successful, and probably saw little to know use by 1944. They later mounted an AT gun on a halftrack which was a bit better. I know the Soviets got a number of these.

GAFF

Originally posted by Tiny:

It would be nice to see the Sd.Kfz.251/22.

... As the axis have more points to spend on vehicles and as this HT was very vulnerable like all HT's it would be nice to see its inclusion in any future versions(CM2) ...

Well, the "big" gun would rate it comparable to the Marders, and thus place it in the Armor category.

Thus not much of a help for the German player...

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Strategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...