Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bunkers arc of fire

My friends, I've found no reference on the manual about this feature.

For what I've experienced in the game, the AoF for the bunkers is larger than I could expect after seeing real WW2 bunkers here in Italy. At glance I found 130 to 160 degrees of arc, for the mg pillboxes also. I'm right?

This could be ok for the large coastal bunkers with huge guns and a big transversal slit (SPR style) but what i seen in the real battlefield was a much tighter LOS around 90 degrees. Also in the bigger the traverse ability of the gun could'nt be greater than 120 degrees.In game terms if you can see only a bit of the slit they could hit you.

More the bunkers on the battlefield ( I'm referring to those in the Salerno and Anzio zone) are more deployed to block a particular, restricted field with flanks covered by natural obstacles or with others bunkers that could cross the fire than the "actual" that seems to me more like battleship turrets.

Anyone agreed

Massimo

I believe you are right about the real bunkers. I do not doubt your first hand observations. They are consistent with the information I have from a book of WW II fortifications.

I suspect you are also right about the bunkers in CM, though I haven't examined them closely myself.

Mark this up to one more thing that may require tweaking in some future iteration.

Michael