German Optics

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

I know this has probably been discussed but does BTS plan on making German guns more accurate at long range for CM2? Ive seen in several books that veteran panther crews claimed a 90%hit rate out to 1000m. I also know Nashorns had kills at 4.5 km.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh man oh man DON'T get me started!! :eek: !

has it been discussed?

Like you would not believe and the answer to your question is a VERY disgruntled NO, "allegedly" superior german gunner optics are NOT modeled.

But the game has been tweaked to allow for pretty GOOD long range accuracy for guns for both sides.

the gunnery accuracy in CMBO now is VERY very good, it feels "REAL" and no one is really complaining about accuracy anymore, like they/ we used to.

-tom w

OT, maybe a little here ... but:

Zeiss was, as I recall, an East Germany possession after WW2, and we astronomy buffs had been more than a little impressed that those old grinding machines were still cranking out excellent optics while just about every other consumer good from the East was a pile of crap. Guess that was a tribute to just how good the Germans were in the 30s!

trying to put this one to bed..

There's a huge huge topic on it and it came down to "we can not say for sure how much optics helped over anything else (ie. % wise or whatever) so we can't honestly include it" (hope that paraphrase is right).

Respectable position in my mind.. check the search or something for the full info

PeterNZ