Theme song for CM addicts- "I Will Play CMBO"

Based on Jimmy Buffet's "I Will Play for Gumbo," this is the theme song for all of us CM addicts.

I Will Play CMBO

I don't FPS, I don't twitch, but I got a wargame monkey riding on my back.

Don't frag on Quake too much blood and gore but I will play CMBO. Yes, I will play CMBO.

It started with the Beta on my fuzzy 'puter screen, Big Time warned me when they told me "Son the first one's free." It hit me like a Hellcat or some tungsten ammo 'cause I will play CMBO. Oh yeah, I will play CMBO.

Chourus:

A platoon of rifles with which to assault that hill, Panthers in the center, looking for a kill. Your family will miss you, your girlfriend it'll vex. Usually never know what you're gonna ambush next. From Normandy in August to winter at Elsdorf, I will play CMBO. Yes, I will play CMBO.

I'm not talking Steel Panthers or Close Combat Three or Advanced Squad Leader, that's a grognard's dream. No GI Combat or Panzer Front no, I will play CMBO. Yeah, I will play CMBO.

Chorus:

Maybe it's the forums or those pretty graphics

or those TCP games that make me sweat like a pig. Maybe it's the mods at CM HQ but I will play CMBO. Yeah, I will play CMBO.

The mod master pushes pixels on his screen, without any sleep, without any wage. Pasty white skin from his head to his toe, modding and remaking CMBO. Playing and testing CMBO.

Chourus:

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 02-14-2001).]

Jeez, I wrote that? For some reason it seemed a lot funnier last night. I think I need to stay off this board when I'm drunk.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska