Is this tire chain mod any good? Please comment

tire_20chains_20screenshot.jpg

At the request of another forum member, I tried another mod. This one gives all the wheeled vehicles in CM chains on their tires in the snow. However, it has a number of serious flaws. I couldn't put chains on the sides of the tires, because the sides and rims don't rotate when the vehicle is moving. You end up with spokes of chain gliding along the snow, not rotating, and it looks silly. The other flaw is that when viewed perpindicular to the vehicle, it looks kind of dumb for the same reason, no chains on the side of the tire. Also, when viewed from behind the vehicle at certain angles, it flashes black-white-black, and is a bit irritating.

If I haven't discouraged you too much, go ahead and download it right here 4028.jpg

All you have to do is copy and past this picture into BMP# 4028. It only works when there's snow on the ground, remember.

Enjoy,

-109 Gustav

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 01-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 01-30-2001).]

Yeah, I know it's a jpeg. It's the only way I could post it. I don't have a real web page, so I can't give you a link to download it. Copy it into an image editing program and save it as a bmp, or whatever you have to do to convert it. Or email me and I'll send it to you as a bmp.

Another Alaskan! I'm not alone here! So where are you from?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska