Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Round Robin Tourney

Fate

I've got a couple friends I do pbem with and I want to do a round robin sort of thing. To be precise, I want to create a quick battle, set up and pick my own units as both the allies and axis, and send both scens to the two players. One player gets the allied password, one gets the axis password. The guy that gets the axis password sends his axis moves to the other guy and the allied move back to me, and vice versa for the other guy.

So we each are playing 2 scens, same battlefield and playing both axis and allied against different people.

But I can't figure out how to do it, 'cause I want everyone to pick their own units yet use the same maps. There is no way (I think) to do this because you have to pick your troops immediately. If we just use the same parameters and each creates a QB, different maps. Anyway to save and send just the unit parameters and maps to people? Or some other way around it?

Well, you could have a 3rd party create a map. The players send the map maker their unit selections, and send them to the map maker. This way, you can do QBs on custom maps, so you can play with VLs on the ends of the maps, maps with a rivers, or whatever you can think of.

Yes, I am volunteering to be the third party. Email me your map requirements and unit selections and I'll build the map for you.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Seems reasonable. So each guy picks their units for each side within the parameters given, emails to you, I send you map parameters, and you create 3 scenarios:

Player A axis vs Player B Allied

Player A allied vs Player C Axis

Player B axis vs Player C Allied

Sound like a great plan, thanks a lot! I will contact the guys involved and get it rolling.