a hobarts funnies mod?

hay we all know D day we have even played the senerios but what about the Brtish beachs that used special churcils and shermans with flails taht blew up the land mines and the ones with bridgeing capabilities and flame tanks and the ones that were amphibious i saw a doucumentry on the discovery channel the other day and i thought it might be a fun little mod for someone to do , maybe me i dunno! so what do u say a Hobarts Funnies mod? eh

Oddly enough, I've been working on a GOLD beach scenario entitled Hobart's Funnies. The bunker-buster and flame-tanks are already in the game, but unfortunately flail-tanks and bridge-layers aren't possible. Same goes for the duplex-drive Shermans. That is to say, you could do a half-assed job of making a Sherman resemble a DD Sherm (sort of), but it wouldn't be amphibious.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

Oddly enough, I've been working on a GOLD beach scenario entitled Hobart's Funnies. The bunker-buster and flame-tanks are already in the game, but unfortunately flail-tanks and bridge-layers aren't possible. Same goes for the duplex-drive Shermans. That is to say, you could do a half-assed job of making a Sherman resemble a DD Sherm (sort of), but it wouldn't be amphibious.<hr></blockquote>

That would not be a problem, because the Sherman did not fight with the swimming gear on it, AFAIK. They could not see or fire through it. Once they had reached firm ground, the swimming gear was blown off with explosive charges, and all you then would have is a water-proofed Sherman with a propeller drive.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Germanboy:

That would not be a problem, because the Sherman did not fight with the swimming gear on it, AFAIK. They could not see or fire through it. Once they had reached firm ground, the swimming gear was blown off with explosive charges, and all you then would have is a water-proofed Sherman with a propeller drive.<hr></blockquote>

Actually, the canvas screens simply collapsed with their frames. I'm sure I've seen photos of them on the beach.

But you are essentially correct. If you can start with the tanks already on the beach, there would be no difference as far as gameplay is concerned.

Michael

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]</p>