PUBLIC THANKS to Madmatt for his recent efforts

....in regards to a nagging issue I had with Infantry TacAI behavior that still seemed to show with v1.1b24. Given that the finalized v1.1 was the next iteration, I was getting VERY concerned that my issue (raised in early December) was gonna miss the final check-out.

So I got a bit vocal about it again a few days ago on this forum board, figuring that at least one BTS guy would step up to the plate. As did Madmatt, who asked for my test scenario and related savegames.

We had an iteration to ensure how to frame the problem situation, but the more that Matt worked on this, the more detailed his efforts in relating how he tried to check things out. He even sent an screenshot to help detail what he was doing in his tests.

The engineer in me thus appreciates the methodology of Matt at work here: frame the problem, brainstorm for solutions, test it out. Matt also upheld a further request of mine that he check with Charles Moylan on a side issue that bocage might still be treated as cover by panicking troops. It looks like the v1.1 will get this properly addressed too.

From the e-mail he sent me this morning (pretty dang early this morning!), I am now pretty confident that the final revisions of v1.1 should address the specific behavior I was seeing. (I have not been giving details, as I don't see a purpose to stir up discussion which would probably be unnessary.) While many gamers here have been keen in the past to press their concerns on vehicle TacAI behavior, the overall infantry TacAI "behavior" is something I hold in much greater primacy.

Matt (& BTS in general), I regret if I get a bit too much like a gadfly at times. But again, this personal issue was of great concern to me, for my own reasons. And I again appreciate your gumption to stick it out and check it through.

So pat yourself on the back, Madmatt, and knock down a drink or two. God knows you deserve it, my boy. wink.gif Maybe your new sig should be "Semper Fidelus Big Time."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spook:

So pat yourself on the back, Madmatt, and knock down a drink or two. God knows you deserve it, my boy. wink.gif Maybe your new sig should be "Semper Fidelus Big Time."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second the motion!

Jumbo

Guest Big Time Software

Hey Spook,

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Matt (& BTS in general), I regret if I get a bit too much like a gadfly at times.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Polite, well intentioned, selective, and articulate gadflies are not necessarily a bad thing. Although it took some time for an official response, I can assure you that there were several (too quick) stabs at figuring out if there was a problem. As it turns out, it was a bit tougher to identify and therefore took a little longer to solve.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>So pat yourself on the back, Madmatt, and knock down a drink or two. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We pay Matt to do this sort of stuff. Drinks and patting of his own back are to be done on his own time!

smile.gif

Steve

Guest Madmatt

Umm, the admission to the WPAFB is free! I know I am member of the Friends of the Musuem in good standing there.

Wright Patterson stands in my eyes as one of the top 5 Miltary Museums in the WORLD!

I love that place..Maybe I will head up there this weekend...

Anyone knows what's on the IMax there right now? Fires of Kuwait was awesome.

Madmatt