Great PBEM utility

Scipio asked where to get that PBEM helper. Here are the download links:

http://www.sci.fi/~fuerte/pbem.zip

http://www.nic.fi/~fuerte/pbem.zip

You should also note that there is another PBEM helper available called One Click, made especially for Combat Mission. You will find the download link by following some link in this page! wink.gif

Eh, the link is on the previous page, page 1!!!!

[This message has been edited by Fuerte (edited 02-10-2001).]

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the screenshot again. The version is now

1.0.94 (16.2.2001)

New: Added support for TalonSoft's West Front (Battle Pack). This is the first "blind" game, i.e. I don't have it, so I can't test if it works.

1.0.93 (15.2.2001)

New: Added support for additional working folder. Click Options / Set additional working folder to enable it. The default additional working folder will be

C:\My Documents\PBEM

If you receive game turn files which are not in .PBM or .ZIP format, then save them into correct subfolders under this folder, and PBEM will process them automatically when it is started. PBEM will create the correct subfolders under this folder, one for each program. WARNING: The files in these subfolders will be deleted when PBEM starts!

Fixed: MAPI sending finally works with Outlook.

1.0.90 (13.2.2001)

New: Added support for TalonSoft's East Front II.

Fixed: Release 1.0.87 checked if the CMBO CD was in drive. If it wasn’t, then PBEM crashed.

1.0.87 (12.2.2001)

New: Play F9 button will run the selected game (even if the status is other than Play).

New: Game files can have passwords. Edit the password by clicking Edit F2. There is also a Generate function. The password will be copied to clipboard when Play F9 is executed. Most programs do not support entering the password from clipboard, though.

New: PBEM has now support for automatic entering of file names and passwords for some programs (CMBO). Clear the password field if you don’t want to use this feature. This feature should be considered beta for now. Huge thanks to Kyle Neet for the source code! His PBEM utility called CM One Click is specially made for Combat Mission. Check it out.

New: Double clicking on the game will now run the game if the status is Play. Otherwise it executes Edit F2.

pbem.gif

The latest changes are not yet in PBEM.

As for the Mac, if any Mac programmer would volunteer, I'm sure that Kyle would give the source code. His code is C++, my is Visual Basic. His code is easier to convert to Mac, because it has built in Zip/SMTP functions, while PBEM relies upon external DLLs.