Mod help wanted

Hi folks,

I have a design for a new winter camo smock - guarenteed 100% unhistoric, cause it's based on the modern German desert camo.

SSwinter.jpg

Problem - I like to design camo smocks, but I'm a little bit bored when I should put the fieldgear on. Someone want do this? Drop me a line.

Here are two other:

twomore.jpg

The left is based on a Bulgarian Forest camo and similar to the German WWII Splinter camo, the other is an Italian SanMarco-Marine camo.

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Those look really great. I like all 3. In fact, the one based on the Bulgarian Forest camo would look good for the Fallschrimjagers.

You gonna make matching helmets for all of those? Just take the arm or leg file and make a 128x128 selection and create a new image. Then save it as 5015.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

You gonna make matching helmets for all of those? Just take the arm or leg file and make a 128x128 selection and create a new image. Then save it as 5015.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, helmets are no problem, even if I prefer headgear without camo - the reason is - as you surely know - that SS and Wehrmacht both use the same graphic, and I'm to idle to change'em for a scenario every time ;).

But you may note that I don't use fieldgear, except some ammo pouches. Well - for me it's also secondary, I usually don't play with full zoom. Maybe I publish them as they are, and everyone can attach what they want.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scipio:

Oh, helmets are no problem, even if I prefer headgear without camo - the reason is - as you surely know - that SS and Wehrmacht both use the same graphic, and I'm to idle to change'em for a scenario every time ;).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that's where my CMMOS German set comes in handy. You can change helmets and trouser options with just the click of the mouse. When you're ready to release these, I'll be happy to add them to the German Uniform RuleSet. I've already got your Splinter and Tan-Water in it.

Ehm - have I missed something?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm, I'm confused. Do you not know what CMMOS is, or do you not know about my German Uniform RuleSet for it?

CMMOS is a new C++ Windows program, written by Gordon Molek, that replaces the batch files that some mods used. The program is so versatile that you can write "rules" to swap any files within the game. All you have to do is to come up with a suffix naming convention and then write some simple rules to swap them.

I have written a RuleSet to swap all of Andrew Fox's and 2 of your uniforms, along with a couple of options including multiple helmet textures and trouser options. It's pretty neat. Imagine you want to install your Heer Splinter with a Felgrau helmet and Feldgrau trousers. Easy. Just select that option and click Apply.

Scipio,

I am very interested in the new uniforms.

I just thought of a new rule in which I can make that would swap between your winter uniform up there and Fernando's old Jumpsuit mod.

Like I said, that Bulgarian Forest Camo would look good for Fallschrimjagers. And that Italian SanMarco-Marine uniform would work for a new SS uniform.

Ehm, no I haven't seen this new tool already, and I don't know about your rules.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You haven't seen all these Threads with CMMOS in them? Go to Manx's site. It's there with several new CMMOS compatible mods. Basically its a new program to replace all those old batch files.

BuSo.jpgDot44.jpgSan.jpgBWDe.jpg

Okay, the fantastic four are online at WarfareHQ. Camo headgear is included.

Max, I will take a look on the tool, I have downloaded it a few minutes ago. Wasn't here so often in the last days - programming for the club, mod creating and a little tired cause the most discussions run into nothing or feud here (mea culpa ;)).

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Scipio,

Do you mind if I do a cut and paste of the web gear that you had on your previous Splinter and Tanwater uniforms?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but if you want to publish them somewhere, please let me know where, and please make a big link to WarfareHQ.

BTW, this CMMOS makes only an error message here, it ask for something in my C:\windows folder - and I don't have c:\windows folder. :rolleyes:

No, but if you want to publish them somewhere, please let me know where, and please make a big link to WarfareHQ.

BTW, this CMMOS makes only an error message here, it ask for something in my C:\windows folder - and I don't have c:\windows folder. :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you on a Mac? If so then that's why. CMMOS doesn't work with Macs.

When does it ask for something in the Windows folder?

Are you on a Mac? If so then that's why. CMMOS doesn't work with Macs.

When does it ask for something in the Windows folder?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not a Mac, but I use a different folder name. It asked for 'CMMOSlog.txt' when I try to start the program.

BTW, I've added some sleeves to the Wehrmacht mod - additional to the Gebirgsjäger insignia I have a 'Großdeutschland', a 'Brandenburg' and a Jäger insignia.