DFDR / the way of the dodo... (webmasters take note).

To be blunt, the DFDR site may die. It has experienced a renaissance of traffic in the last month while my attentions were turned elsewhere. The bandwidth we're now consuming is from 3 to 5 times what our plan at Interland stipulates.

Being a stingey, poor bastard, I don't intend to shell out any more cash. Our service plan will be prorated, and after a few weeks or maybe a month, DFDR.net will likely go the way of the dodo.

I'll have to talk to Logan first, but I intend after the site's demise to make all of it's content available to any of you webmasters who would like to make it available on your sites.

If you're interested, e-mail me and we'll work something out. I may not answer your mail immediately, but when everything coalesces I'll get in touch with everyone who has contacted me.

Thanks for your time, fellas.

(On a side note, I just won the Fan Fiction contest over at Flashpoint center. If you're into OFP or modern military fiction, swing by and give '15 minutes' a read.)

(On another side note,

Wargamer.Com just released a little article regarding DFDR. I'll admit to feeling a tad shortchanged in the article, but whaddaya gonna do? Stop by and give it a peak as well.)

[ 08-12-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

Clubfoot:

I really enjoyed your story, just finished reading it. Really well done stuff. Do you have any others posted somewhere? Or know of any site where I can check out similar short stories.

Honestly, there was no difference between yours and a paperback one picks up at the airport waiting lounge. Congrats!

Martin

Sure Russell,

Here's that link: Article.

Thanks for the kind words Murph. FPcenter should start filling up it's fan fiction section soon.

I don't know of any ony other sites for short fiction, but surely there must be some.

As for me, it's my first real attempt at writing anything. I entered the contest on a lark and never expected to win. I did discover, however, that writing isn't nearly as tedious as I thought it might be. So I may try again soon.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]