Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Command and control bonuses for company commanders

The questions asked has a few parts:

1st does a company commander effect armor units if near or ontop? Almost sure it doesn't but need confirmation.

Second what is the command range of a company commander? And why doesn't this appear in game by highlighting units in command range is want?

Does he serve a roll besides a extra commander for spotters and support weopons?

If you have a company commander and your enemy doesn't what are your advantages?

If you lose your company commander what are the effects on morale?

I know a company commander is good to have a jeep nearbuy to race over and rally troops.

But how much faster does a company commander rally troops compaired to a platoon commander?

Originally posted by bluemx:

I'll take a stab at these, though I can't guarantee the answers.

does a company commander affect armor units if near or ontop? Almost sure it doesn't but need confirmation.

No.

Second what is the command range of a company commander? And why doesn't this appear in game by highlighting units in command range is want?

Does he serve a roll besides a extra commander for spotters and support weopons?

If you have a company commander and your enemy doesn't what are your advantages?

I know a company commander is good to have a jeep nearbuy to race over and rally troops.

But how much faster does a company commander rally troops compaired to a platoon commander?

AFAIK, there's nothing special about company commanders, except that they can command any team or squad, even squads not in their company. Other than that, I think they are just like any other HQ unit.

I have no idea on this one.

Originally posted by bluemx:

1st does a company commander effect armor units if near or ontop? Almost sure it doesn't but need confirmation.

blue,

there is an article on the subject I wrote with Ron Alderdice in the articles section of CMHQ... It have some answers to your questions... I don't remember any, not even the url to the article smile.gif

I left interest in the aritmethic in CM a long time ago wink.gif

Ariel

Ok. first of all, read the manual, because it addresses this really well.

1. No, as already stated.

2. Place your company HQ near a few other units. Notice the HQ has maroon lines connecting him and those units. They are now under command, and will have shorter delay times, improved morale, and if the HQ has any bonuses (the lightning, heart, star and ? icons, see the manual for more info), the units will also get the bonus. Obviously, you want to keep units under command whenever possible.

3. He can spot for mortars. Do a search for more info, I'm not going to address this here.

4. Company (and battalion) commanders can command all troops, including squads whose platoon HQ is killed. This obviously gives you an advantage, but other than that, no.

5. You will lose some global morale from the casualties. However, your men won't panic because they just saw the old man die.

6. How fast they rally troops depends on the routed squad's experience, the HQ's experience, and whether the HQ has a morale bonus. All things being equal, however, the company or battalion HQ won't be able to rally troops any faster than a platoon HQ.

Note that in Quick battles, it is usually cheaper to buy units in companies, and cheaper still to buy them in battalions. For example, with British rifles, 3 rifle platoons costs less than a company of 3 rifle platoons and a company HQ.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.