Suggestion # 1 x 10^500 for CM2

... probably already made, too!

How about transforming unidentified units into identified ones when our troops reach said unidentified units.

It would be nice, for example, to see Infrantry? units change into MG Team or Rifle Squad or whatever, once we are standing over the eliminated unit.

Same would be true for vehicles.

wink.gif

Originally posted by patboivin:

It would be nice, for example, to see Infrantry? units change into MG Team or Rifle Squad or whatever, once we are standing over the eliminated unit.

It happens sometimes already, but it seems to be a little random and may depend on the mode of movement of the unit.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

Guest Michael emrys

Maybe I've just been inattentive or something, but I cannot remember a single instance when this has not been the case. In fact, I usually get a positive ID more or less whenever my troops get within 100 meters of an enemy unit, often with a strength/casualty count as well. I get a positive ID of any gun/vehicle as soon as it is knocked out within LOS of one of my good order units.

Are you playing with conscript troops or something?

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 02-19-2001).]

By the end of the game I will know whether we can find out what the unit is, or not.

I just played a movie in which a bunch of dead squads and vehicles revealed themselves, but it does depend on movement mode and unit-- a squad walked over a squad and didn't ID it, but a leader walked over it a bit later and did ID it. If the unit stops right atop the dead unit for 10 seconds or so it will be ID'd.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)