Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Crews and VLs

I'm a bit confused on the issue of crews holding VLs. Some people say the in v 1.12 crews cannot hold VLs, some say they can.

I did a test scenario and had a Puma destroy my M8. I then retreated the Puma far away across the map and once my M8 crew recovered from their panic, I went and secured the VL.

Once I was at the VL, the VL flag was American.

At the the end of the 10 turns, the scenario ended and the VL flew an American Flag. I had an Allied Major Victory with a score of ALLIED 76 and AXIS 23.

In this case, crews held the VL by themselves. Unless a VL has been contested because of an enemy presence near by, I've never played a game where crews, empty mortars, or low ammo infantry did not hold the VL by themselves.

And I am running v1.12

What's been the experience of others with crews and VLs?? Has there been an offical response from BTS about crews and low ammo squads holding VLs?

Any unit capable of fighting can hold a VL. Crews and units that are low on ammo can.

Jeeps (non-MG), trucks, and empty mortars/arty spotters can't, because they can't fight.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Thanks for the clarification Gustav 109!

Presumably the M8 crew in question here had at least one pistol, while empty mortars and spotter crews have nothing, like no side arms.

But how about a bailed truck crew and non MG Jeep crews? don't they bail with side arms? so while a truck might not hold a VL a bailed truck crew with a pistol might?

or am I wrong?

This is a very good topic to discuss here.

Thanks Gustav 109 smile.gif

-tom w