CM2: More random choices, and a full tattle screen

Two limits to CM is that some settings: month of conflict, type of terrain, etc. are not random. It would be nice to show up to the force purchase screen in a QB with a random chance of being on offense or defense, and of being ordered to defend or attack or conduct a meeting engagement in a village, rural or farm area all randomly.

Second, I remember when Fionn played some kid, and the kid choose to play with no fog of war. When you recieve a setup, it would be nice to get a tattle screen telling what was selected, like everything random, they choose Heer, etc. Then that sort of thing would never happen.

I wouldn't mind an option for the first idea, but wouldn't want it as a non-option. But as to the tattle screen, I fully agree. I'd also like to see more descriptive information on (a briefing Alt-B), of the QB scenario. Point allocations, FOG, even though FOG on/off shows up pretty fast, the points don't. Also, I could be mistaken, but say you and player-b decide on random weather/time and gee it's night and raining, whatdya know bout that, and he just happens to have a battalion of flamethrowers. Who'd a thunk it. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-23-2001).]

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

I wouldn't mind an option for the first idea, but wouldn't want it as a non-option. But as to the tattle screen, I fully agree. I'd also like to see more descriptive information on (a briefing Alt-B), of the QB scenario. Point allocations, FOG, even though FOG on/off shows up pretty fast, the points don't. Also, I could be mistaken, but say you and player-b decide on random weather/time and gee it's night and raining, whatdya know bout that, and he just happens to have a battalion of flamethrowers. Who'd a thunk it. biggrin.gif

I was thinking they could work the same way the randoms work now -- just include a (random) in the list and generate it random. This could be so easy to code it would even show up in CM. The tattle screens: I have only played one suspected munchkin, but I had no way of knowing if our agreement to randomize was done. Other things clued me in.