Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Can anyone tell me what the VT stands for after some artillery units.

I have been playing CM for appox.3 months

and cannot find a way to back out of a QB, I have to go through the whole process to exit out or to change the force selection.

Thanks

"I regret that I have but one life to give for my country"

Nathan Hale before he was hanged by the British.

Somebody once posted that VT actually was just a designation that was a 2-letter code for the bureau that developed the fuze and the number of the project. I forget the details by you can find it if you search. But according to him, people just started calling it "variable time" by the coincidence of the code letters making that possible.

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

As mentioned above- it's arty that is designed to airburst. There's a primitive radar system in the fuze that detects the proximity of an airplane (early application was proximity fuzes for AA- there was actually some reluctance to use it near the front on the chance that the Germans would get ahold of duds and reverse engineer the fuze) or the ground. If you haven't noticed yet, airbursts (treebursts are the typical variety seen with regular arty) are especially unhealthy for infantry and many open topped vehicles. Hardtop vehicles much prefer airbursts, because it just rains small bits of metal without enough kinetic energy to penetrate (but maybe damage some optics on a bad day).

Now don't say the cesspool never did anything nice for you!

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)