OK I takeit all back...

Alright I have finally done two things that most of you either did a loooong time ago in the days of the Demo/BetaDemo, and then as soon as the feature became available more recently.

To what do I refer you may ask, why my first PBEM which extended over a couple of days for a short 20 turn meeting engagement quick battle. The first few turns went well with a few frustrations over email software and the general lengthy wait while files made the trips back and forth.

It was a great experience as it was also the first time I have ever played another human. Who in this case was Steel1994, he requitted himself well and suffered the frustration of having several turns of bad luck. Yeah, I know what took me so long? Well until Dec 2000 I hadn't had internet at home and didn't want to subject someone to lengthy waits as I shuttled one turn to work each day.

So last night another quickbattle (700 points), an attack this time only this time it was TCPIP.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

The turns went fairly quickly (25 in approx 1.5 hours), I was totally engrossed, waiting for each turn to play out.

OK, so long ago (or so it seems), I pooh poohed the need for TCPIP and all that. OK so I was wrong, here I'll say it again, I was wrong. Man what a blast. Truely a new dimension, its like I just got a new game all over again. I doubt I will have time to spend on games that some of you seem to have time for, but I will look forward to meeting some of you in the future on the field of battle and take my lessons.... smile.gif

Anyway thanks for reading my gleeful little rant. Karl Mead