Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Operation CultureK Site Question

Hi,

As most of you can see, Operation CultureK is pretty much stagnant...

There are a few reasons.

1. Mod developers go first to the established sites.

This isn't bad, it just hurts new sites that can't be tenacious about getting off the ground. I just don't have the time to e-mail and follow up with 10-15 people over a 2 week period.

2. The Larger sites get the staff

Again, this is normal. In the ASL community there are people itching to help out on sites with editorials, etc. but with Combat Mission, I just don't think it's at that level yet. Computer gamers are notoriously stand offish compared to face to face opponents (again, this one of those "duh!" things)

3. No time to turn around good articles.

When I set out, one of the things I wanted to do was to create a site with constant articles and updates.

SO....

What do you think of this idea instead...

A monthly Combat Mission E-Fanzine

This way I can focus on articles a little more.

It'd be a format like a real magazine

3-4 articles

Letters to the mag

2 editorials

community spotlight piece

Advertising (not sold, just provided free of charge)

It'd be monthly and hopefully I could get 3-4 people to help out with it.

Ideally, I'd like to start weblication of it sometime in June or July.

If you are interested please let me know. As for the meantime....Please divert your links from http://www.culturek.com/CM/ as I will remove the site within the week.

Everything that is on there, except the articles is mirrored on other sites. I will not give up my articles to other sites though.

Just let me know what your opinion of my idea is?

Thanks

Keith

An E-zine would be a great idea. The articles are the best part of CultureK, IMHO, and it would be a shame to not have them.

I found the same thing that you did, that it's hard to get interest in a new CM site. You have to advertise a little, and you have to offer new things along with the bread and butter mods and scenarios. In my case, it was an image gallery and a guide to classic posts on this board.

I would love to contribute articles to your zine, and I'm sure other people would too. Or just copy and paste any of jasoncrawly's posts, and your zine will write itself. wink.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!