Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

OT - Gary Grigsby and the PTO

While we wait anxiously for a PTO version of CM frown.gif It looks like Gary Grigsby is getting back into the the Pac Theater with two games "Uncommon Valor" - Operational level of the solomons/new guinea campaign and the rewrite to Pacwar. Well this will hold me until CM PTO - Reverse Psychology smile.gif

------------------

"Lack of weapons is no excuse for defeat"

- Lt. General Renya Mutaguchi, Commanding General, Japanese Fifteenth Army, 1944-1945

Where can I get some info on "uncommon Valor"?

I played FlatTop a lot in the early 1980s, and in the early 90s someone made a game on Guadalcanal, but it was a wierd system and did not work too well.

I also played Guadalcanal by AH, which for a wargame made in 1968, is pretty darned good.

Still got it too.

The PTO is very under represented in wargaming, I think I might of played them all, Midway, VITP, War In The Pacific (some of it, huge game), Pacific War (the Victory Games one, quite good), and the others above.

[This message has been edited by Wilhammer (edited 01-21-2001).]

Wilhammer,

I agree too...Way under represented. When you think about the scale of the "Great East Asian War" it spans like half the globe (from IJN raids into the Indian Ocean to Kiska/Attu). I was in Japan recently and got a chance to check out the Yasukuni Shrine and the Yushukan Museum...Lots of really cool Pacwar stuff. They have restored Kaiten, a Judy!, a type 95 tank, parts of 25mm aa gun, 150mm Field Arty and tons of other stuff. Sorry I digress...Here's the link:

http://www.2by3games.com

------------------

"Lack of weapons is no excuse for defeat"

- Lt. General Renya Mutaguchi, Commanding General, Japanese Fifteenth Army, 1944-1945