End of Scenario Options

I got around to thinking that in CM2, the option should be there for a player to continue fighting after the "official" end of the scenario. No points or kills would be affected after the offical end, but one could still move their units and fight them, to the bitter end/surrender of the opposing forces.

This sort of thing was possible in the old game Perfect General. Anyone remember that one? smile.gif I thought it was a nice feature.

Obviously, for a two player game, both people would have to agree to the continuation. I just think it would add another little something to the game, and it wouldn't require much coding to implement.

Thoughts? smile.gif

PS

Any of you old Perfect General people remember the scenario Patton Kicks Butt? I loved playing that one as both sides. As the defender, I would place mines across all the bridges. Then I'd watch the computer's forces drive back and forth the whole game. lol..pretty funny. Wargaming has come a long way thanks to BTS.

Remember it? Yeah

Perfect general was very good for its day. I remember one scenario based on an island, I played that one (no kidding) at least a hundred times and got it down to a fine art and winning it with the minimum troops

A few of the scenarios from that game would fit into CM-I wonder if Perfect general would run on modern computers?