Just a thought....

Hi, folks -</P>

Hope we're all feeling fine, fulfilled and generally at peace with the world? I certainly hope, because I've got this nagging feeling that you're all going to shout at me - very loudly!</P>

Truth be told, I'm feeling somewhat aggrieved. A couple of days ago, there I was, surfing the net, on the look-out for something different. I found it, too. It was a terrific game called Combat Mission. After playing the demo for a few hours, I decided I'd seen enough. I duly rushed back to the web site in order to by the full-blown product. Trouble was, even though I gave my credit card details, I was informed that the game was out of stock. Doh!</P>

I live in England and - from what I've read - the chances of me seeing a copy of the game before the end of March seem pretty remote. Which leads me to ask why there isn't a downloadable version of the game available?</P>

OK, quiet down, don't all shout at once! I'm not suggesting that the entire game be made available for download - just additional "demo" missions. Once you've paid for the full product, you could be carried-off to some secret site where such extra missions could be downloaded at will. After all, CM isn't the biggest demo in the world. These days it's not uncommon for people to download demos in excess of 100mb.</P>

All I'm advocating is the "option". In this case, I would like the option to download additional missions whilst I wait for the full product to arrive. Though this may indeed involve downloads of Titanic proportions, at least I have the option - which is something the Internet is supposed to empower us with.</P>

As I said earlier, this is just a thought. The bottom line, however, is that I may not see my copy of CM for at least another month. During that time, I must be content with only two demo missions. I just hope that by the time my game does arrive, the novelty hasn't already worn off.</P>

Perchpole

Northampton, England</P>

Many of us have suffered FAR longer than you ever will. So excuse me (us) if no one feels for ya. wink.gif

Demo? What's a demo? We sat around for MONTHS

(some over a YEAR!) waiting for screen shots to keep just to keep us happy. When the beta came out we played it 10, 20, 30, 40, FIFTY plus times.

So, just sit back, relax, and play the demo some 50 times before you start complaining.

Hmmm...I think I'll fire up a 1000 point Quick Battle now. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited 02-12-2001).]

The demo works for PBEM with others who have the demo version-- find someone and play. In fact, I'll play you at VoT with full FOW, and you can hunt for my spotters tongue.gif. My email is in my profile.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)