Help...slow TCP/IP play

I love CM and really enjoy playing by TCP/IP.

However, the exchange of data is incredibly slow. Is this solely an internet connection problem or is there something I can do to improve it? It really takes away from the game when I can go for a coffee while the turn completion data downloads (sometimes close to a half-hour) smile.gif Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey Gunner,

How large of a battle are you playing over TCP/IP?? that can effect download time and what connection to do have to the internet?

I play TCP/IP games with a 56K modem and my oppenent has a cable modem so CM always picks the person with the highest connection speed to host so I don't have any problems and I've played a couple 1000 point battles and didn't have any problems..

------------------

" When you succeed, give all the credit to others; when you fail, take all the blame." General Dwight D. Eisenhower

You can always get cable or DSL connection if its available where you are. If you dont have the broadband access in your area like me you might want to look into a Shotgun modem. Downside is you need 2 phone lines for it but I usually get 90k connect speed on average. Not as good as cable or DSL of course but it may be several years before either is available in many areas.