KwazyDog...

Guest Solid Snake

Guest Solid Snake

can i have your Jagdtiger and Jpz Jagdpanther mod please cuz i cant find a working link with it and those are the only 2 i want please.

Thanks!

Also

My E-mail is: SolidSnake098@hotmail.com

so send me the mods by mail thanks!

[This message has been edited by Solid Snake (edited 03-07-2001).]

Solidsnake, even if Kwazy had a handy zipped copy of these mods (possible), and even if he wanted to take the time to send it off, it wouldn't do any good, 'cause with that "Notmail" e-mail address, no attachments of any consequence (like a zipped bunch of BMPs) are allowed.

With Hotmail, you get what you pay for... biggrin.gif

- Old Dog

Guest KwazyDog

Snake, give me a little while and Ill see if I can find some space to upload them to and post a link...

Dan

You can indeed send attachments with Hotmail. But since they installed an automatic virus-scanner it does not work so well. The scanner gives false positives all too often, when it should not.

And you have the limit of 1mb, concerning attachments.

Advice Solid Snake - do not use Hotmail when PBEM'ing, get another mail-account for that, which can handled attachments properly.

Had no problem with Hotmail myself and I PBEM constantly. Although the limit does bite for attachments.

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Kryton of Red Dwarf

I guess that for instance your ISP provides some email-accounts. Sorry if I can not be any more specific. I use an Telia-account (a Swedish ptt/isp).

The biggest problem I had with Hotmail was two-fold:

- Instead of handling a pbem(text)-attachement like an attachement, it simply opened up a new browser-window displaying the text. So you had to copy-paste the text into a new file. It is sort of managable if file is below 50k, but copy/pasting a 800k file is not fun.

- If instead we zipped the files, Hotmail's virus-scanner started giving "false positives", simply alerting for virus where there was none. Downloading a file could take 25-30 tries(!!!) which was *very* frustrating.

So basically, check if you ISP gives you free email-accounts, and use one of them.

Worked for me.