Scenario Balance?

Guest Richard C. Giberson

I guess no one said that the provided CM scenarios claim to be "balanced" but I sure have difficulty believing some are even close. Can someone with more experience than I suggest a few scenarios that are "balanced"?

Hey,

Play "Chambois" as the Germans; its lots of fun and well balanced. Lots of armor to play with. "Elsdorf" is another good one.

My scenarios (on my site) are not exactly "balanced" but they provide a very good challenge (read don't try until you have some experience). "Long Road Ahead" is designed for Allies only, and its challenging, but it can certainly be won.

Good luck,

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

CM Recon

[This message has been edited by Jagdcarcajou (edited 03-21-2001).]

IMHO, these are fairly balanced for PBEM.

Last Defense- a beta demo scenario, and possibly my all time favorite. The balance of power shifts dramatically halfway through the battle.

Hamminkeln-We Start Here- armor and poor infantry on one side, paratroopers on the other. A good lesson in the use of conscript inf.

Move it or lose it- starts off Fouled Up Beyond All Reconition for both sides, but good playing by either side will mean victory.

Or, for a new twist on a familiar scenario, you can have a 3rd party take a map and put your Quick Battle units on it. Imagine playing Villiers Bocage with your own selection of units. It really turns old maps into new PBEM challenges. Yes, I would be happy to be the 3rd party, so contact me if you and your opponent want to do this.

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 03-21-2001).]

Thanks for the suggestions all! An intriguing idea to use a "map" with a "new set of units". I'll try to remember that for future reference.

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

IMHO, these are fairly balanced for PBEM.

Last Defense- a beta demo scenario, and possibly my all time favorite. The balance of power shifts dramatically halfway through the battle.

Hamminkeln-We Start Here- armor and poor infantry on one side, paratroopers on the other. A good lesson in the use of conscript inf.

Move it or lose it- starts off Fouled Up Beyond All Reconition for both sides, but good playing by either side will mean victory.

Or, for a new twist on a familiar scenario, you can have a 3rd party take a map and put your Quick Battle units on it. Imagine playing Villiers Bocage with your own selection of units. It really turns old maps into new PBEM challenges. Yes, I would be happy to be the 3rd party, so contact me if you and your opponent want to do this.

I would be pleased to extend an offer of a 2,800 pt. Meeting Engagement to you as well Gustav. One I made while teaching one of my son's to play Combat Mission. It has been played several times from both sides for balance. It plays well and there is a T save available if you and a friend would like to play it blind. Titled 'Farm and Cathedral".