Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Suggestion for LMGs...

...a suggestion for an upcoming patch but also if others felt the same also: That LMG two man teams like the MG42 for instance, can make use of the Move Fast/Run command but with a shorter distance required to cause fatigue. Why? HMG teams I naturally understand are slow moving due to the equipment such as tripods and lots of ammo, spare barrels, etc. Perfectly understandable to only allow the Move command. But the LMGs don't carry as much in equipment/ammo and of course have 2 men. I've seen footage of German MG42 teams running down cover to cover to get to a firing position. Naturally I don't see HMGs doing that. But in CM it pains me to see that the MG42 team I've attached to support my Panzergrenadiers can't even keep up with the assault and lose it's support since the LMGs have decided to take a Sunday Stroll while my grenadiers are praying for the MG to arrive sometime soon. Just my thoughts/suggestion.

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

Originally posted by Warmaker:

...a suggestion for an upcoming patch but also if others felt the same also: That LMG two man teams like the MG42 for instance, can make use of the Move Fast/Run command but with a shorter distance required to cause fatigue. Why? HMG teams I naturally understand are slow moving due to the equipment such as tripods and lots of ammo, spare barrels, etc. Perfectly understandable to only allow the Move command. But the LMGs don't carry as much in equipment/ammo and of course have 2 men. I've seen footage of German MG42 teams running down cover to cover to get to a firing position. Naturally I don't see HMGs doing that. But in CM it pains me to see that the MG42 team I've attached to support my Panzergrenadiers can't even keep up with the assault and lose it's support since the LMGs have decided to take a Sunday Stroll while my grenadiers are praying for the MG to arrive sometime soon. Just my thoughts/suggestion.

You do not realize it, but you actually have an organic LMG inside many squads with ammo distributed about the squad. These guys can keep up with the panzer grenadier.

The HMG and 2 man (almost an MMG) have tripod and brick a brack for building a base of fire.

Guest Germanboy

This question has been answered officially by BTS. The two guys per person carry about as much ammo as the six guys in the HMG per person. They are therefore not more or less able to run than the HMG team. Squad-level LMG teams can and do run in the game.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.