Firing through corners or really good shots?

As I'm playing my 1st town engagment (5000 points of veteran Americans vis Crack SS) I saw something very strange.

A .50 and a .30 cal fired through the corner of 2 buildings. 3 german Halftracks werre retuning fire, and I think caustalies went both ways. YET, the line of site was blocked.

HT

____X

___X

______M

HT- Half tracks. X- Large Stone Buildings. M- machine guns.

I'd post a shot if I knew how. Range was about 100 meters on both sides of the buildings. (200-300 in total). Seems like a very large bug to me (firing through solid brick buildings or through a gap about 5 feet wide), though it would only effect a small number of battles. Is it too small to worry about, or are they just good shots (No other eneny units are firing aginast the machine guns, though numerous American units in the buildings are firing back).

[This message has been edited by Comstr (edited 01-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Comstr (edited 01-15-2001).]

What you seem to have here is a case of WYSINEWYG (What You See Is Not Exactly What You Get). Corners of buildings can sometimes appear to be transparent to fire, but it is just because the visual representation of the building does not correspond exactly to the representation of the building within the game engine. IOW, it can appear that you are firing through walls (according to your eyes)when you are, in fact, not (according to the game engine).

------------------

"It's a boy!" - My wife's OB/GYN

Nov. 8th, 4:45am

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

What you seen is an abstraction of what is actually going on under "the hood" of the engine.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."