Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBB - Blitzkrieg scenerio

PLM

i hope this is right forum i assumed this meant talking about how to play certain scenerios :-\

how come i have so much trouble with armor vs russian anti-tank weapons. i'm playing axis and i lose tanks like crazy. i can never tell where they are and its like when i'm giving orders i don;t know that there are these anti-tank weapons there then after 1 turn i lose 5-6 tanks. then i have to withdraw or move forward..i'm not an idiot when using tanks i usually have done pretty well. its not like i march right up to infantry unsupported..its just i'm losing them at long range.

and i never thought anti-tank guns would be so much of a problem in this game. they have a much easier time hitting my tanks than my tanks can hit them and knock them out. really, this one gun i musta put 100 HE rounds at and its still up.. fortunantly he's a bad shot, maybe i'm just having a bad day?

SPOILERS

You are going to lose tanks, but you have to try to keep the losses down. Use combined arms, don't let the tanks get too far ahead of the infantry and vice versa. Use artillery, mortars, and area fire against any at gunes you spot. It is a tough fight, but you should be able to fight your way through over the course of tthe operation.

Rune

The Blitzkrieg Operation is my favorite CMBB scenario smile.gif

SPOILERS :

The Russians have some 45mm and 76.2 mm AT guns. They're placed in a way that they cover a wide area on the map. If you're lucky the AI will try to move them to another position.

But that's luck... You should try to find the area's which aren't covered. There're a lot of gaps where you can sneak (with a fast move) through with your tanks. It's possible to get behind the line-of-defense and attack from behind. Your mortars and heavy artillery should be able to suppress the AT guns while your advancing. The dugged-in 76.2 mm AT guns are real killers for those early tanks like the StuGIII & Pz38.

Then you'll have the big forest in the middle of the map. That's a true challenge. Be carefull for those Russian SMG squads. And don't underestimate the power of the ampulomet.

Originally posted by eichenbaum:

...And don't underestimate the power of the ampulomet.

AAHHGGRRaaaaa!*&%#!? ...My idiot tactics got a whole platoon of Pz-IIIs wiped out by those buggers. (Gnashes teeth in dispair)

They are worse than the damn KV meanies...(bangs head on desktop to relieve stress).

Did I mention I like to whine?

Ken

Played Blitzkrieg as Russian PBEM with a friend.

If those 76.2's can have a lock on your tanks they're toast! In the pic you can see the destruction of such great AT-gun...

heroes_4-5-03.jpg

Also knocked out several tanks and PSW's with the ampulomets. But if those molotov-launchers are out of amo they'll remain quite harmless untill the end of the operation. 1941 was a bad year for the russians.

[ November 15, 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]