Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM2 feature Request: Secondary explosions

It would be neat if burning AFVs would every now and then have secondary explosions (the ammo cooking off from the flames). I think it would be a nice, small feature that would make the CM battlefield a little more realistic. Probably wouldn't be too hard to code either.

It would be even nicer if we could get jack-in-the-boxes with turrets flying off the tanks due to these explosions or when a really heavy calibur cannon shears off the turret from the hull (122mm-152mm)in a catastrophic hit. I guess that would asking for too much but someday, I hope to see that feature as well in some CM sequel.

YES!

I have been requesting that Turret Ring hits be modeled.

The turret ring on tank with turrets should be a hit location and be a 1-2% chance of getting hit (or more or less?)

if a AP rounds hits and JAMS the Turret ring the turret should not be able to traverse OR if there is penetration, KA BLOOM! and then the turret pops off, ONE KO'd AFV! :D

OH yeah, that would be GREAT eye candy!

(and the turret traverse JAM would have GREAT gameplay value as well)

-tom w

[ 04-30-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Ammo cooking off will usually blast off a turret so all those Allied Soda cans should blast off quite easily. Probably hard to code though. Turrets being knocked off the ring is shown for knock outs isn't it? I would love to see SU-152s knocking off turrets without penetrating for CM2.

I believe the stuck turret is already modeled. I think I had one tank with a "gun damaged" sign, and the turret wouldn't traverse at all. It remained at the same angle when it got hit. Either that or it was some rare fluke.

Coding the jack-in-the-boxes probably would be a major pain, hence the reason I don't really expect it in CM2 (perhaps in the next CM engine after CM4).

• 2 months later...