Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

question about US Inf in QB

first of all, I want to admit my source of information is from "Crusade in Europe" (many many moons ago, from Microprose for the Commodore 64).

From that game, I was led to believe that even the Infantry division (US especially, but Allies in general), there were a LARGE contingent of Tanks, Jeeps, and other vehicles. So, why is there no points given to allied for Vehicles and Tanks in an Infantry formation? I mean even 100 pts each for Vehicles and Tanks in a 750 pts would suffice.

I'm sure the grogs on this board will roast me for this. but I have thick skin, I can handle the flame :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YECoyote:

first of all, I want to admit my source of information is from "Crusade in Europe" (many many moons ago, from Microprose for the Commodore 64).

From that game, I was led to believe that even the Infantry division (US especially, but Allies in general), there were a LARGE contingent of Tanks, Jeeps, and other vehicles. So, why is there no points given to allied for Vehicles and Tanks in an Infantry formation? I mean even 100 pts each for Vehicles and Tanks in a 750 pts would suffice.

I'm sure the grogs on this board will roast me for this. but I have thick skin, I can handle the flame :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, when you're picking the type of QB, you're picking the limits on the types of troops you're going to use, not the type of division or other parent formation. By choosing 'infantry' you're merely saying "I want an infantry-only force, no tanks". Even though most formations (of all combatants) had some sort of gun+track combination attached and available most of the time, they couldn't be everywhere at once.

-dale