Anzio Scenarios?

Has anyone done any Anzio scenarios? I've been reading "The Rock of Anzio" From Sicily to Dachau: A History of the U.S. 45th Infantry Division, and it got me to wondering if there had been any scenarios made either of the German attempt to bisect the beachead or of the breakout. Sounds like some decent material for a scenario or two. (Good book by the way, the author uses a lot of soldier's recollections in it, which of course, makes every German tank have an 88. To take them at their word, all the Germans were hopped up on something constantly, and there was nothing but Tigers and Elephants in Italy. That said, it's still a good read.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfpack:

Has anyone done any Anzio scenarios? I've been reading "The Rock of Anzio" From Sicily to Dachau: A History of the U.S. 45th Infantry Division, and it got me to wondering if there had been any scenarios made either of the German attempt to bisect the beachead or of the breakout. Sounds like some decent material for a scenario or two. (Good book by the way, the author uses a lot of soldier's recollections in it, which of course, makes every German tank have an 88. To take them at their word, all the Germans were hopped up on something constantly, and there was nothing but Tigers and Elephants in Italy. That said, it's still a good read.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See my CANUCK site; go to Scenarios and click on "Cat and Mouse" - this is actually a mini-campaign, based on the ASL scenarios featuring the Devil's Brigade on their nightly patrols against the Hermann Goering Division on the Anzio front. There are 6 scenarios with identical force mixes, but on different terrain and variable reinforcements.

The scenarios were originally designed by Steven Swann.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfpack:

Thanks MD...there's a good bit about the FSSF in the book. They were very highly respected by everyone they served around apparently. The guys who talk about them have nothing but praise.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC the "Little Black Devils of Anzio" actually held a frontage way out of proportion to their numbers. Partly of necessity, but due also to their skill at night operations, infiltration, etc. A rough bunch of characters indeed.