Shapes of maps on CM2

Hi everybody

I haven't found topics on this one but I discussed a while ago about it.

What I really like to see in CM2 would be the ability to choose the shape of map for QBs. Wide, square or deep - and voila we have a lot more things to consider.

The shape of map isn't a big issue in small QBs 'cause square is fine there but with larger map this gets really annoying to get wider and wider maps - no real concentrations of important places (VLs). Also maybe then VLs would get located in depth - now they are generally just side by side.

Also setting those VLs up should get better: i don't think it wouldn't be so difficult to get random maps where VLs would be clustered more to important places - road junctions, hills, villages... This importance should be randomized a little so as not to get everytime 'attack that hill' but sometimes crossroads would be target and attacker should decide for ones own sake whether to target overlooking hill too or not. Here also it could be proposed to have bigger VLs in the middle surrounded with few smaller ones in a 'circle'. Amount of these places would naturally depend on the size of the battle.

I would really love to see QB against AI in deep map where would be a small VL on small hill in the middle, another small VL on crossroads behind it and finally small village where the road leads and there a couple of big VLs in the middle and a few smaller ones next to those...

Just my thoughts but quite natural. Cheers!!! :D

I second that idea. I like the idea of in depth battle were the VL are a distance apart not only side by side be in depth. This wold be more of challange for the attacker and the defender.

I also hope that when playing a QB you are able to see the map you will fight on. That way you can choose your forces accordingly. In some cases commanders did see the map (field) which they will fight on.

This could be re-presented by a QB purchase. You can purchase scouts, this will not be part of your force but would show you what the map will look like.

Thoughs?

This is the main reason why I absolutely HATE QBs in CMBO right now. The map dimensions totally suck. Big long wide map with very narrow no-man's-land. In fact those dimesnions lead to the very opposite of good strategy tactics. Isn't the best strategy to concentrate your forces to break through a weakpoint rather than than trying to defend or attack over a W I D E front?