Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mods

I may be missing something, so I thought I'd ask. Seems there are some very smart guys that monitor these threads. So here goes. Why don't they put the American star or German white cross on all mods. It seems that when you use a mod you are doing so to improve the appearance of it in your game and so therefore anything that improves it like the star/cross would be included. I know a lot of mods do come with them but a lot don't and I was wondering if there are people out there that really prefer no emblems. I myself only playing against the computer and not against a human may just be missing a fact or something? Any comments?

The mods I do for Canadian stuff at my website have ridiculously bright markings!

To answer your question, though - in the field, large markings were often used as aiming points by enemy gunners. This is no joke - there is a picture, I think in Squadron-Signal's SHERMAN IN ACTION showing an Allied tank with several AT round hits pretty much nicely grouped inside the white star on the side.

Tanks in action get dirty and filthy (much like soldiers do) and its a personal preference among many, it would seem, to have the "dirty" look correctly modelled.

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm